Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Cracker Appetizers, Recipe Trial

 
This past 4th of July weekend, we were invited to several parties and asked to bring something along. I've been wanting to try these bad boys for awhile now.. and oh em gee. They were a huge hit.

Basically, you sprinkle cheese on a Club cracker and wrap it in bacon. The original recipe is from Pioneer Woman Cooks, and you can find it here. If you don't know who the Pioneer Woman is, be prepared to spend the rest of your day reading her site.. it's fantastic, funny, and real.

The only change I made to the original ingredients was to use a finely shredded romano cheese, instead of the grated parm. The shredded cheese worked perfectly fine. I wouldn't recommend using a soft shredded cheese like cheddar or mozzarella, but harder cheeses like parmesan, romano, or asiago would work out o.k. This recipe is a little time intensive, with a long baking time (2 hours), but trust me, they are delicious and flavorful.



I should mention, I've also made her recipe for Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers, which were an even bigger hit with the guys as a football party snack and everyone asks me to make them now.

Enjoy!

xoxo, Arbor Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment