Monday, July 15, 2013

Vintage Camera Collection



Along the same lines as our last post, here is a glimpse at a few of the cameras in our collection.
The Valiant "620". This cute-as-a-button seafoam green box camera takes 620 film (obvi) and is really clean and seems to be in perfect working order. I will be testing it in the next week or so. I love this little camera so much.. the color, the shape, the entire sweet little thing!


 
Next is the Polaroid SX-70 Alpha 1 ... omg. I almost fell down when I found it at a flea market. I tried not to panic and giggle as I was shoving my wad of cash into the sellers hand before she changed her mind. This beauty is clad in leather, and folds into a flat little rectangle. Sadly, my intitial inspection before purchase was not good enough, and this camera is in need of some refurbishing. I will be shipping her off to be returned to her proper working order and cleaned very soon.



Lastly, a little Konica C35.. a pocket sized 35mm camera (again, obviously!). I am not a 35mm camera kind of chick, but this one was in near perfect condition. I shot a roll and sent it out for developing this afternoon. I actually had fun with this camera, and it's kind of nice to anticipate how my photos will turn out... in this world of instant gratification, it's sort of like a rare gift to have to wait for once.

xoxo, Arbor Lane

1 comment:

  1. Love those vintage cameras!!

    New follower from the Etsy Vintage team :)

    www.infinityampersand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete