Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Cup of Coffee Cake, Recipe Trial.

 
This, my friends, is a cup of coffee cake. In less than 5 minutes, you could have a moist yummy cake with crumble topping. A cake in a mug with a twist. Ah-mazing!
 
 
The genius behind this concoction is brought to us by The New Prudent Baby. Find the full recipe here.
 
 
I made only 2 changes to the original... I added a tbs of finely chopped walnuts to the crumb topping, and I substituted the sour cream for half and half (only because I was totally unable to wait to try this, and I was out of sour cream.) The coffee cake still came out moist, but I will be buying sour cream to make it the proper way.
 
You test for doneness the same way you do any cake, stick a knife in it until it comes out clean.
 
When my guy came home, I put together two more and pretended that it was the first time I made it. That's how good it was.
 
Enjoy!
 
xoxo, Arbor Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment